Thursday, February 2, 2012

Well, It's What I Wore!

So I did it.
I took out my camera and took pics of myself.
I started in the bedroom on Saturday.
Then retreated to the downstairs bathroom.
For some reason that mirror seems friendlier to me ;)
And we know we want the kindest mirror possible.
This weekend I will be purchasing one of those cool funhouse, make you skinny, mirrors for future posts.
I kid, I kid.
Maybe...

Alrighty then:
Here's what I wore...

Saturday was family dinner at my parents house and then off to craft night.
The top is Old Navy circa 2009.
The tank is from Target.
Jeans: can't really see but also from Old Navy
The necklace is from me (Finding the Blessings).

Sunday was church day and Nathaniel's "silent" basketball game.
Silent as in no cheering or jeering, just clapping!
On location in the downstairs bathroom.
The top is a 2fer from Lane Bryant over a cami from JCPenneys.
The jeans are from Fashion Bug.
The necklace is from Target several years ago.
The hair clip I made.

Monday, funday, NOT!
Back to work.
Half day with kids then an afternoon of DII collaboration.
DII, don't ask!  You really don't want to know!
Top: Old Navy circa, I don't even know.
Pretty Tank top from Lane Bryant.  
You can't see it but there is lace trim on the bottom of it.
Finding the Blessings necklace
Yellow flower in hair courtesy of me.
Glasses from 2005.  Need to get a new prescription.
These 36 years old eyes are getting weak.

You know when you work with the same people day in and day out, 
there are days when everyone seems to dress the same.  
Monday was one of those days. 
 Lots of gray and black.
Could our clothes be letting the our mood peek out from hiding ;)


Tuesday:  day after Monday.
Full day with 32 4th graders.
Yowzer!
I was beat at the end of this day.
Had to come home right after work to take a cat nap before taking the girl child to dance 
and the restocking the pantry trip to Costco.
Top: Lane Bryant
Pants: Kmart (60% score!)
Necklace: Handmade gift from sister (read about it here)
Ring: Lane Bryant, darn "clearance" box by the register.  Scam I tell you.
I had to buy three sets because they matched the kids birthstone colors.


Ooh, and something other than jeans, black, and gray.
I'm most comfortable in nice jeans. 
I feel the best about me.
 I'm not a very traditional dressing teacher.
Oh, and I just don't have the funds for new clothes either.
Although still lots of gray here.
Possibly reflecting my mood lately!
I do not know...

Well, there you have it.
Several pictures of me and my clothes.
Just what you wanted to make today complete!
I suppose if I'm going to be doing this I will need to shop for new clothes.
Just one little problemo, no dinero!
Guess I need to get creative with my current wardrobe!
Otherwise these Wednesday posts are going to start looking very repetitive.

What is your must have, go to, favorite piece in your wardrobe?

Finding the blessings,
Denise


I've linked up with other What I Wore Wednesday'ers
over at The Pleated Poppy.
Quick! Go sheck it out!
pleated poppy

I've linked up at Momma Go Round!
Momma Go Round

and




5 comments:

  1. Love the necklace and hair flower! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd share clothes with you. I like your style. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you have jazzed up all of your outfits with smart accessories! I'd love if you came and linked this up at my Drab to Fab party on Friday. We celebrate turning normal clothes into fabulous outfits by using a little creativity or smarts to dress them up. (We also celebrate jazzed up recipes and DIY's). Anyway, I'd love to see you this Friday. Here's a link for all the info you need on the party!
    http://www.amynjesse.com/p/drab-to-fab.html

    Hope to see you :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! I love the necklace you made. Do you have a shop? Sorry it's taken me this long to come thank you for linking up at Drab to Fab last Friday. I'd love to see more of your great looks again in about 3.5 days!

    Have a great week! (Following you now)

    Amy @ Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm featuring you at tomorrow's Drab to Fab party! :)

    ReplyDelete