Friday, November 21, 2014

It's the Weekend...

This is how I felt after I got home from work tonight...


Fairly certain my laundry pile could've rivaled this pile of clothes I found the internet...


And the dishes weren't too far behind this.
I can proudly say all the dishes in this house are clean after hand washing those that wouldn't fit into the dishwasher!  I was determined to have all the dishes clean which meant all the counters would be clean as well.
Wait, oh crud, I hear a child in the kitchen.
May the endless cycle of dirty dishes continue!

It's been a doozy these last few days.
The girl child came down with strep.
This is her 6th bought with it in last year.
She continues to amaze doctors with her golf ball, no tennis ball size tonsils.
Pretty sure she's getting a visit with an ENT and then a tonsillectomy for Christmas
 (or in the next year anyway).

Thursday night after work I found myself trying to figure out how to be in three places at one time.
PTA meeting, boy child's basketball game, and walk in clinic with Streppy.
So thankful for great people: the PTA presentation was made, the boy child was cheered on by a friend, and the girl child got three prescriptions for meds.
My night may have ended with the words, 
"You look tore up!"
and I felt it too.

Sidenote: I was not left on my own because the husband was not gonna help.  
Most definitely not the case.  Thursday night is worship rehearsal.  
Unfortunately this is also the beginning of a super busy season for him.
Right now as I type this he is at a late rehearsal for the Serve Moses Lake Worship benefit concert that is tomorrow night.
So honored to be his wife!  

Tomorrow is the boy child's last basketball game for the season.  I've loved watching him get more involved in the games and to hear him encourage his teammates.
Tonight he and daddy enjoyed some time watching basketball.
He was so into it.  Makes a momma's heart happy to see him happy.

Well, it's late.  I'm tired.  I need to get to bed so I can thoroughly enjoy sleeping in and not waking up to an alarm clock tomorrow.  Or at least not to one set for 6:30am.

Finding the blessings, 
Denise

PS: You could greatly help me in keeping my house clean by calling texting me and letting me know you're coming to visit!!  
(If you know me, you know I have a talking on the phone phobia!)




Here's a throwback to a post from almost three years ago:

No comments:

Post a Comment