Monday, May 9, 2011

I'm Totally Obsessed...

Oh my how the time flies!!  Yikes, it's been almost three months since I posted on here.  I'm always thinking about what I want to post but haven't exactly prioritized my time to do so.

So, here I sit with a little time on my hands.  Dinner was cooked, devoured, and cleaned up and now I feel like I should post something.  I guess I will warp speed through the happenings of the last few months:

  • I've been working on (praying) about making a move into school administration.  God hasn't opened the doors yet (in fact several have slammed shut) and I'm wandering if my future is even in public education. ( Being a part time working mom has also been on my heart.)  You'll see below about my many obsessions that I would like to explore.  Working kind of gets in the way ;)  Until that time, I've been praying about where God would have me so that I am my best and using the gifts he's given me as I serve Him.  Until then I will be teaching the fourth graders and Crestwood again next year.
  • A new passion.  Many already know this but one of my lingering regrets with the passing of Madelynn is that I don't have pictures with her or of her.  No family pictures, etc.  Well, that lack of photographs has manifested in an obsession of photography.  In November I bought a really nice Canon camera and have been learning how to use it.  I love, love, love taking pictures.  I also love editing them, thank you picnik.com for your many fun features.  I done some fun "Photo Shoots" to practice my skills.  Here's a few samples of my "work":

  • I also have an obsession with lurking on the blogosphere.  Did you know there is this whole world of creative people out there posting about their crafting adventures?  Well, there is!!   I lurk around these blogs and bookmark the projects that I'm convinced I will be undertaking.  I am somewhat of a stalker.  I haven't gotten to the point where I post comments.  I'm thinking I probably should.  I find that I'll start on one gal's blog and then lurk through 10 more and an hour later I'm convinced that I can repaint the entire inside of my house and make all the decorations to go with it!  And the best part, many of these ladies are Christian and their blogs show their love of the Lord!  I've already been inspired to go hunting for that one thing I'm going to bring back to life!  Janell and I went treasure hunting for the first time this weekend.  Oh the possibilities!  Hmm!
  • What is your current obsession?  What is is that you really want to do but feel like you don't have the time?  I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who wants to be doing something else.  Would you share with me what you want to do?  I may get an idea for something I would want to do too!!
Until later (and I promise not three months later)...

Finding the Blessings,

Denise

1 comment:

  1. Hey Denise...I love your blog, but wish you blogged more often, hint hint! I have discovered the wonderful world of blogging also! My daughter has a wonderful blog of tutorials(SP?) and has turned me on to some amazing women, most Christian! I wish I had the time to blog, it could become an obsession I am sure! Your photos are amazing and I can see how you might just become a part time professional photographer! You are good Denise. Hugs my dear friend, love you and will be praying as you may be venturing into a new job title. How exciting. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete