Tuesday, June 7, 2011

C is for Cookie! The Chocolate Chip Kind!

I've been making chocolate chips cookies for many years.  Who hasn't made them? 
 Every time I take them somewhere I get complimented on their yumminess and asked how I make them.  Well, here's a picture collage of how I make them:


Are you drooling?  
Oh believe me, there was some sampling going on as in I had to check the cookie dough!  
One cookie "accidently" broke, so that one had to be put out of it's misery!

Here's the real quick on how I make my cookies:

Ingredients:
  • Real Butter- softened, I use the microwave when I'm in a hurry.  But don't melt the butter.  
    • (Thank you COS speech class and the girl who shared that tip in her speech.)  
  • Sugar
  • Brown Sugar
  • Vanilla
  • Eggs
  • Unbleached flour- not sure if that makes a difference, but it could be the secret ;)
  • Salt
  • Baking Soda
  • Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Recipe:
  • Honestly, it's the one from the Nestle Tollhouse bag!
  • I follow it!
What I do:
  • Not sure they're really secrets.
    • Soften the butter
    • Mix sugars, butter, vanilla
    • Add eggs one at a time, mix in between each egg!
    • In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, and salt (I use half a teaspoon of salt)
    • Add a little at a time to the sugar mixture and mix well before each addition
    • Mix in chocolate chips
    • Start a baking the goodness.  I took a pic of the pan I use.  Some might say the pan is the secret!
    • Bake about 10 minutes.  Remove from pan.  Eat Store for your taste buds' enjoyment!


I hope you get to make some chocolate chip cookies soon!  
Tomorrow my friends at work will get a yummy dessert after lunch!


Finding the Blessings,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment