Monday, October 24, 2011

Made by Me Monday!

So I thought I would start sharing what I've been doing with this creative surge.
First off I should share that I have become a wee bit obsessed with thrifting and bargain shopping.
I can't even tell you the excitement that comes from hunting down the red stickers in Target.
So much excitement that I should probably see someone about it or I might just thrift myself into debt!  
(insert extreme exaggeration here)

Anyhow,  I love going to the Salvation Army and Rescued Treasures.
Not too long ago I hit Rescued Treasures on just the right day.
All frames and furniture were 50% off!
I scored that day.  
I came home with two nice size oval mirrors with decorated wood frames for only $10 each.
They are sitting in my living room waiting for their rebirth.
That day I also picked up one of those wood things that have a painting on it.
I had remembered this cool project from Jaime Baeza's blog:
(Jamie, if you're reading this, I love reading your blog and gleaning ideas. You might call me a stalker... )
Really folks, she is so creative and I just love her stuff!

Anyhow, I didn't take a before pic of my bald eagle flying.  
But that bird gave it's life to become the perfect chalkboard for my porch.

Here's what I made:



The verse is special to our family.
It was the license plate on Grandma and Grandpa Diamond's little maroon Honda.
I Th 5:18
I'm pretty sure it was the one verse all us grandkids knew by heart, besides John 3:16.

It's such a fitting verse for this season of thanksgiving.

"Thank God no matter what happens.  
This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live."

and leading into that verse:
"Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time;"

Hmmmm, sometimes not so easy to be cheerful or thankful all the time.  
I need to remind myself to have this attitude!

And now I have that reminder every time I walk in my front porch!

Hoping you have a cheerful Tuesday!

Finding the Blessings,
Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment