Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day One of Thanksgiving

So Thanksgiving is this month and I have seen many Facebook updates about giving thanks daily.  
I've shared about the chalkboard I made with the verse found in 1 Thessalonians 5:18.  
In all circumstances give thanks...  
Today I am thankful for God.  
I know that this sounds so cliche. 
 Like those singers and actors who thank God when accepting their trophies and yet you rarely ever hear them mention his name at other times. 
I think it's important to start this season of Thanksgiving by thanking Him who has given me life.
I'm thankful for a God who is there is the darkest of times.
In those times where I just want to cry out and ask, "Why?"
A God who says, "Ask, Cry, I've got you." 
When everything seems so crazy I can just ask, "God, be here."
He is and always was.
He's there holding me and rocking me.
Today, I am thankful that I have a Savior who loves me!

Finding the Blessings,
Denise

 

No comments:

Post a Comment