Monday, January 30, 2012

Celebrating Life

It was exactly one year ago today that I had the chance to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Madelynn.
On Saturday, January 30, 2010, friends and family came together to help us "restock."
I probably wouldn't have had a baby shower if the kids were closer together.
Madelynn was a surprise and we had no baby things at all.
I had sold everything!



So we chose a day a month before her arrival to come and fellowship together.
It was just my style.
Gerber daisies and bold colors.
Finger foods and cheesecake for dessert.


It was a special day indeed.
So many important people in my life.


Family

Cousins
My cousin Donna was there but I don't have any pictures.

High school friends together again.

Neighbors who watched me grow up and are still a part of my life.

Friends


Many others that I don't have pictures of right now.
So many laughs and funny baby stories shared that day.
The loot taking over our living room.
I have to say that later that evening I had a moment of, "We're having a baby girl in one month!"
Yikes!

It was my intention to get thank you notes written to all these lovely ladies when I started my maternity leave.
I had two weeks of work to get through which meant sub plans to prepare.
I would have time to sit down starting the 15th.

Madelynn was born into Jesus' arms on Thursday the 18th.
The thank you notes were never written.
I struggled with what to do.
What was the protocol?
Things that could be returned to the store were returned.
Clothes and other baby things were given to a sweet family expecting their first baby girl.
A girl we watched grow up now becoming a mom.
You can see her sweet family at Jenna Rae and her day to day happenings.
This is Paige wearing one of the outfits we had bought for Madelynn.
It warmed my heart to see her wearing it.
Isn't she just beautiful!
I love checking in on Paige.
I feel a special connection to her.

I struggled with not sending notes of thanks and gratitude and think about it often.
These same friends were now bringing us meals and sending us sympathy cards.
What would I write in a card?

So today on this two year anniversary of that special day,
I want to thank each one of you for being a special part of my life.
For creating a special day.
For being there that day to celebrate life.
For bringing gifts to help us start our lives with Madelynn.
You all have a special place in my heart!

I'm going to close now.
My heart is heavy.
Please pray for us these next few weeks as we approach another birthday without our little girl!

Finding the blessings,
Denise

2 comments:

  1. I am happy you have such wonderful memories of such a special day. My thoughts are always with you and my prayers especially for the coming month. Love you! Renee' =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise I will be praying for you and if you want to get together for some "Chica Time" if you need talk know we are here for you.

    ReplyDelete