Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend Wrap-up: Gallery Wall done

I can't believe it's the last weekend in January.
I really need time to slow down!!

This weekend I finished the gallery wall look I wanted for the wall in our master bedroom 
that you see when you enter.

The pictures aren't the best I've taken.
Especially of the wall.
Hard angle to photograph.
The other pics were at different times of the day and
I haven't become an expert of the manual camera settings yet.
So bear with me!

So here goes:

This is the before picture.
I bought the oval mirror at Rescued Treasures for $10.  
I was so lucky I bought two of them.
The other smaller frames came from one, two, three, or more of my thrifting trips ;)

Here's the set painted with a coat of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Gray


Next I painted a coat of ASCP in Arles.
The pic of the mirror really shows the true color.


After the paint dried I did a layer of clear wax.
I then sanded to distress so that the gray would come through in spots.
I forgot to takes pics of that part.

But here it is.
My mini gallery wall.
I'll be hunting for a bench to set underneath it and for other little knick knacks.
Remember: bad angle for pics!




Now for fun:
I have been drawn to red and turquoise for some time now!
My mantle is a great mix of the colors I love.
On Saturday night I went to a craft group and we made a valentine's theme craft.
I painted a canvas bright red and let it dry.
Next, I painted it with a crackle medium.
On came the white, but hardly any crackle.
I'm new at crackling.
So I threw on some more crackle medium and then a layer of turquoise.
Then I did some "distressing."
I love the look.
The buttons were glued on with a hot glue gun.
It was very webby.
I didn't have the patience to fill it with buttons so I did an arrow.
It now hangs next to my mantle.
I "love" it!


Okay, not sure what my next projects will be.
I think I need to get back to making my necklaces and hair things.
Then on to opening an Etsy shop.
Gotta move this fabric :)

Finding the blessings,
Denise



I linked up over here:





Tip Junkie handmade projects

No comments:

Post a Comment